Open position for a Researcher
CSIL is looking for an Expert to work in the field of regional development, research and innovation policy, evaluation of public policies.
The researcher will collaborate with CSIL 'Development and Evaluation studies' team. He/she will also be asked to collaborate on assignments involving academic researchers from the University of Milan, Department of Economics, Management and Quantitative Methods, with whom CSIL has long standing research collaboration experience.
- Collection of quantitative (databases, statistics) and qualitative (interviews, literature and documentary reviews, surveys) data, analysis and generation of findings and policy recommendations
- Drafting of research and evaluation reports in English
- Preparation of project proposals according to specifications set in calls for tenders or calls for proposals (e.g. funded by Horizon 2020)
- Management of research and evaluation activities or tasks
- Participation in meetings, conferences and presentation of findings and results
- An advanced university degree in Economics (MSc, MA, PhD)
- A minimum of five years' experience in applied economic research and evaluation in the field of regional policy and research and innovation policy, acquired in a policy environment, academia or research institution
- Excellent drafting skills, ability to organise and summarise complex material clearly proven by publication track record
- Ability to organise and manage research activities within strict deadlines with a high degree of autonomy and client-orientation
- Preference will be given to candidate with experience with quantitative analysis and econometric techniques and/or knowledge of structural funds / ESIF programming system
- Fluency in English (C1 o C2), preferably proven by a language certificate
- Good knowledge of another language, besides the mother tongue, would be an asset
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office Tools (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- For this role, the following competencies would be particularly important: Achievement focus, Analytical thinking, Drafting skills, Teamwork and collaborative spirit, Intellectual curiosity
CSIL welcomes the applications of all qualified candidates irrespective of their nationality.
Primary job location will be in Milan, with flexible work conditions.
Qualified candidates are invited to send their up-to-date CV in Europass format, accompanied by a recent paper or report prepared during the studies or applied research work.
Should you have interest in the job position offered, please send your CV to email@example.com
within the 7th of November.
CSIL is continuosly looking for professionals in different areas of expertise, both freshly trained and with longstanding experience.
The ideal personal profile should include the following skills: project management, good interpersonal communication and ability to work efficiently in a team group, result-oriented and problem solving attitude, committment to results, pro-active.
Please specify your field of expertise among the following:
- Evaluation of public projects and policies
- SME development (cluster development)
- Regional development
- Institutional capacity building
- Marketing strategies
- Forestry and natural resources management
- Human resources development
- Market research
Please specify your field of expertise and your seniority in a particular field according to the following categories:
- Project analyst (0-3 years of experience)
- Junior Expert (3-5 years of experience)
- Expert (5-10 years of experience)
- Senior Expert (>10 years of experience)
You can apply for a position within CSIL sending detailed CV (Word or PDF format) by email, only to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
It will become part of our database of experts.